Thank you for using Scener! Here you can find useful tips and guidance for making the most of our Virtual Movie Theater.
The first thing you should try whenever you encounter an issue is closing tabs and apps you’re not using, or reloading Chrome. Scener is relatively intensive on your computer, as it combines streaming shows with video chat.
If you’re still having issues, here are some top problem-solving tips:
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I invite my friends?
Every time you kick off a private theater, you’re given a unique 6-digit Theater Code. Send a link with your code in it, or the code directly to friends to invite them. They’ll be able to punch in your code as soon as they open Scener and join you immediately. You can reuse codes, or create new ones. It’s a bit like joining a Zoom call. You must be on the newest version of Scener for this to work.
The video isn’t loading! Help!
Sometimes websites store a lot of unnecessary data and it can slow down webpages. Let’s clear your Chrome browser cache.
- In Chrome, you can click the vertical ellipses, and click on settings. Alternatively, type this into your browser: chrome://settings
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Advanced.
- This will give you more settings to explore, so under the Privacy and security tab, click on clear browser data. Alternatively, you can go to: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- From here, you can select Cached images and files (see image below) and Cookies and other site data. However, first try clearing your Cache alone, then if it doesn’t solve the issue, Cookies can be deleted too, but please note that clearing Cookies will sign you out of many websites, so you might want to change the time range to last 7 days if you are concerned about this.
My friends say they're in the theater but I can't see them... what's going on?
Sometimes when several people join a theater, Scener upgrades to allow more people to be together simultaneously. Occasionally, this can result in you being in the room without other friends. To remedy this, press the hang up button and rejoin the theater from your sidebar home area.
Why can't I see what my friends are watching?
In the new version of Scener, only people in the Theater can see what is being watched by the host. It’s no longer possible to see what your friends at watching if you’re not in a theater. We’re thinking about ways to give you suggestions for what to watch, but believe this strikes a good balance with user privacy. If you want to watch with friends, create a Private Theater, and share your Theater Code with them.
How do I use full screen?
1. Click full screen in your Netflix window
2. Press the [Control] + [Up] keys
3. You’ll see your Netflix window at the top of your screen. Click and drag your Scener sidebar into the Netflix window.
1. Click full screen in your Netflix window
2. Press [Alt] + [Tab] and select Scener
My audio or video isn't working
Did you accidentally deny Scener access to audio or video? Is your audio or video not working or showing up? It happens. Try these steps below to allow for audio and video permissions.
- For Macs, click Chrome from the navigation bar at the top of your screen, and select Preferences. For Windows, type this into your search bar: chrome://settings
- Scroll to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Under Privacy and Security, click on Site Settings.
- Under Permissions, click on Camera (if issues with video) or click on Microphone (if issues with audio).
- Make sure the audio/video source you want is selected.
- If you denied permissions for Google Chrome to access Scener, press the trash can icon under the Block tab and delete it from your blocked sites.
- Reload watch.scener.com/netflix page, and accept permissions this time.
Where did my group go?
In the home screen of your Scener sidebar, you’ll see all of your recent Theaters. Click “Join” to jump back in. Can’t find it? You can always create a new Private Theater, and share your new Theater Code with friends whom you want to watch with. Once you’re done with a Theater, recent ones will appear in the sidebar.
What are the software requirements?
What equipment do I need?
How many people can I have in a Theater?
Who controls the Theater?
Can I pause the movie for everyone?
Something seems out-of-sync, what do I do?
Since Scener is a new way to watch your favorite programs while interacting with your friends, we’re continually looking for ways to improve and would love your feedback. If you have any questions, or just want to say “hello,” send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.